Author Topic: BREXIT and the Transport Industry  (Read 947 times)

Robert Norton

• H.R. Norton T.Eng, M.S.O.E., M.I.R.T.E.
  • Administrator
  • Lancashire Area Member
    • View Profile
    • The Transport Managers Club
BREXIT and the Transport Industry
« on: October 02, 2019, 07:29:50 PM »
Some of you may have heard by now that the UK is leaving the European Union, If not I am sorry to have to break the news.

This situation will obviously have a major effect to the way goods are transported around Europe, So if anyone still has the old TIR plates and blanc CMR's, I suggest you may want to dig them out of hibernation, they will be worth a fortune in the coming months.

On a more serious note, we feel as a "Transport oriented club" we should try and gleam as much information as possible regarding the imminent change and disruption in European Transport Operations.

To this end we are trying to put together an area that our members can share and discuss any and all Information they hear about or indeed know, regarding the rules and regs. that will effect anyone in the transportation of goods throughout Europe after Brexit.

Our Main Web site has some interesting links regarding the why's and wherefores' however as you are probably aware "ITS A MINEFIELD" should you find any relative info that you feel is informative please email or Private message (PM) either myself or the national secretary with the link so we can include it for all to see.

the following link is to our BREXIT information page on the main website.

https://www.transportmanagersclub.com/brexit.html

Joined Lancashire Area TMC 1976