Author Topic: Quick Guide to the use/using of the TMC Forum  (Read 1189 times)

Robert Norton

• H.R. Norton T.Eng, M.S.O.E., M.I.R.T.E.
  • Administrator
  • Lancashire Area Member
    • View Profile
    • The Transport Managers Club
Quick Guide to the use/using of the TMC Forum
« on: February 14, 2019, 06:42:49 PM »
First and Foremost

You will need to register on the Forum before you can post anything, so complete the registration at the top of the page.

Once you have registered, you will need to be accepted and will be informed by email once this has been completed. (please bare with me, I generally work on the site most nights so will try and acknowledge acceptance asap).

Upon accepted you will be issued with certain rights and permissions within the Forum to Veiw, Post and Edit Boards/Topics and Posts/Replies.

THE FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS CLICK ON YOUR "PROFILE" AND CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD

Brief description of forum terminology

The Forum "The Category".   think of it as a filling cabinet.... The burgundy header on the main page, (ie. Bristol Area, Lancashire Area and so on.

The "The Board". think of it as a drawer within that particular filling cabinet.

The "Topic or New Topic". think of it as a file index within that particular drawer.

The "Post or Reply" think of this as the files in the file index that are related to that particular "topic"

I hope that that's all as clear as mud.

For more in-depth HELP please refer to the "Help" tab on the main Navigation Bar.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:54:59 AM by Robert Norton »
Joined Lancashire Area TMC 1976

Robert Norton

• H.R. Norton T.Eng, M.S.O.E., M.I.R.T.E.
  • Administrator
  • Lancashire Area Member
    • View Profile
    • The Transport Managers Club
Downloadable Guide for using the Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 11:46:38 AM »
I have put together a Basic Quick Guide for understanding and using the Community/Forum Area.

You can download the PDF file by clicking the attachment below, or alternatively you can download from the Main Community page on the website.

Joined Lancashire Area TMC 1976